Following the success of last year's conference in Stockholm, Sweden which gathered over 100 senior level attendees, we are delighted to be hosting 9th Annual European Biomass to Power Conference on 6th & 7th November 2019 in Helsinki, Finland.
Already on its 9th edition, this two day event will bring together key industry stakeholders to join our forum discussions, including senior representatives from Power Companies, Biomass Producers, Biomass Traders & Distribution Companies, Trade Associations, Renewable Energy Consultancies, EPC Contractors and OEMs, Regional & National Governments and Regulatory & Research Bodies and benefit from excellent networking opportunities.
Over the two days, the event will give you an in-depth look into case studies giving practical examples of planning, finance and technology strategies utilised for biomass co-generation projects. Confirm your space today to receive updates on the European biomass market and its new developments, as well as focus on sustainability and commodity challenges.
Conference Topics Include:
- Challenges & Opportunities Operating a Biomass Power Plant
- European Biomass Industry Outlook
- Policy & Regulation
- Biomass Handling & Storage
- Investment Opportunities in Biomass Energy Sector
- Case Studies: Biomass to Power Projects in Europe
- Changing landscape of the biomass power sector
- The Latest Biomass Conversion Developments Stimulating & Transforming the Biomass Industry
- Different Types of Biomass Fuel & Alternative Biomass Fuels
- Sustainability of Biomass to Energy
Who Will Attend?
- Power Companies - Biomass Producers - Biomass Traders & Distribution Companies -Trade Associations- Renewable Energy Consultancies - EPC Contractors and OEMs - Regional & National Governments - Regulatory & Research Bodies
Exclusive Site Visit
During the afternoon of Tuesday 5th of November, a day prior to the conference, limited number of conference delegates will receive the unique opportunity to visit Helen Oy's Salmisaari Power Plant
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit, but spaces are strictly limited and allocated to conference delegates on a first-come, first-served basis, so it's highly recommended to book your place early to guarantee availability.
- Andy Hill, Chairman, The Wood Recyclers' Association
Early Confirmed Speakers:
- Harri Haavisto, Senior Specialist, Energy Department, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland
- Ian Calvert, Head Of Biomass UK, RWE
- Johan Mertens, Biomass Trader, Engie
- Carlos Retortillo Perez, Head Of Biomass, ENCE
- Javier Gil, Director of The Biomass Energy Department, CENER
- Yves Ryckmans, Chief Technology Officer Biomass And Solid Fuels, ENGIE Laborelec
- Lauma Kazusa, Head Of Market Analysis, SUEZ Trading Europe
- Alfons Van Weereld, Head Of Biomass Sourcing & Trading, Uniper
- Ilkka Manninen, Director, Biomass Sales And Technology, ANDRITZ Oy
- Harri Laurikka, CEO, Bioenergy Association Of Finland
- Jouni Nissinen, President, European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Carsten Huljus, Chief Executive Officer, The Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP)
- Olivier Fricot, European Head of Power & Renewables Lending, Investec Bank Plc
- David Williams, Chief Executive, Eco2 Ltd